Assoc. Prof. Gokhan Boyraz
Gynecology and Obstetrics Specialist
Gynecological Cancer Surgery Specialist (Oncogynecologist)
Laparoscopic Surgery Specialist
Assoc. Prof. Gokhan BOYRAZ, M.D.
ESGO (European Society of Gynaecological Oncology) Certificated Gynaecological Oncologist
- He graduated as the salutatorian from Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara Turkey, in 2008.
- He started to work as a resident at Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Hacettepe University in 2008 and became a specialist of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2013.
- In 2013, he ranked 1st in the sub-speciality entrance exam in Turkey. Then, he began a formal gynecologic oncology fellowship program in Hacettepe University in 2013.
- During his fellowship, he worked in Kliniken Essen Mitte, one of the best gynecologic oncology center in Germany, and he had the chance to attend rounds, ovarian cancer surgeries, and also to learn more about laparoscopic surgery.
- In 2014, he attended a cadaveric surgery course in Graz, Austria, which was organized by ESGO (European Society of Gynaecological Oncology).
- In 2015, he attended a Tumoral Cytoreduction (Debulking) and HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) Course in Hamburg which was organized by ESSO (European Society of Surgical Oncology). He worked with Dr.Paul H.Sugarbaker (who is the mentor about HIPEC in the world) in this course.
- He completed this official gynecologic oncology program in 2017.
- His European Society of Gynecologic Oncology certification was approved by the ESGO Council members in 2017, and he has been recognized as a certified European Gynecological Oncologist.
- His special interest is ovarian cancer surgery (debulking surgery) and HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) and other gynecological cancer surgeries (cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, vulvar cancer). And also he is interested in laparoscopic oncologic surgery and other minimal invasive procedures.
- He has more than forty publications which are mostly related with gynecologic oncology and gynecologic laparoscopy.
- He was awarded the title ‘Associate Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics’ in 2019.
Communication details: Istanbul Aydın University, Medicalpark Florya Hospital, Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Istanbul/ TURKEY Cell: (+90) 536 813 79 40, E-mail: email@example.com
- Gynecological Cancers (Tumors of the Cervix, Uterus, Ovary, Vulva, and Vagina)
- Debulking surgery (cytoreductive surgery) and HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy)
- Uterine and cervical cancer surgery
- Pelvic exenteration for recurrent cervical and vulvar cancer
- Laparoscopic gynecological oncology surgeries
- Laparoscopic radical hysterectomy, laparoscopic lymph node dissection
- Laparoscopic endometrial cancer surgery
- Diagosis, screening and treatment of cervical cancer
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic endometriosis surgery
- Laparoscopic incontinence surgery
- Laparoscopic pelvic organ prolapses surgery (Laparoscopic urogynecological surgeries)
- Laparoscopic ovarian cyst surgery and other laparoscopic gyncecological procedures.
- Associate Professor, Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2019
- Gynecologic Oncologist, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University, 2017
- Gynecologist and Obstetrician, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University, 2013
- Medical Doctor, School of Medicine, Ankara University, 2008
- Gynecologic Oncologist, Etlik Zübeyde Hanım Gynecology and Obstetrics Training and Research Hospital, Ankara / Turkey, 2017-2019
- Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Essen, Germany, 2016
- Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara / Turkey, 2014-2017
International Scientific Publications
Boyraz G, Karalok A, Basaran D, Turan T. Vaginal Closure with EndoGIA to Prevent Tumor Spillage in Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy for Cervical Cancer. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2018 Jul 28. pii: S1553-4650(18)30363-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2018.07.015. [SCI-Ex]
Boyraz G, Durmus Y, Cicin I, Kuru O, Bostanci E, Comert GK, Sahin H, Ayik H, Ureyen I,Karalok A, Meydanli MM, Salman MC, Ozgul N, Onan A, Simsek T, YuceK, Turan T. Prognostic factors and oncological outcomes of ovarian yolk sac tumors: a retrospective multicentric analysis of 99 cases. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2019 Apr 13.doi: 10.1007/s00404-019-05160-6. [SCI-EXP]
Boyraz G, Atalay FO, Salman MC, Usubutun A, Erturk A, Gultekin M, Ozgul N, Yuce K. Comparison of Mayo and Milwaukee Risk Stratification Models for Predicting Lymph Node Metastasis in Endometrial Cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2018 Mar 20. doi: 10.1097/IGC.0000000000001261. [SCI]
Boyraz G, Salman MC, Gultekin M, Basaran D, Cagan M, Ozgul N, Yuce K. Incidence of Lymph Node Metastasis in Surgically Staged FIGO IA G1/G2 Endometrial Cancer With a Tumor Size of More Than 2 cm. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2017 Mar;27(3):486-492. doi: 10.1097/IGC.0000000000000919. [SCI]
Boyraz G, Salman MC, Basaran D, Ozgul N, Turan T, Turkmen O, Kimyon GC, Ozkan NT, Cagan M, Gungor T, Meydanli MM, Gungorduk K, Gulseren V, Sanci M, Yuce K. Extrauterine Spread, Adjuvant Treatment, and Prognosis in Noninvasive Uterine Papillary Serous Carcinoma of the Endometrium: A Retrospective Multicenter Study. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2017 Jan;27(1):102-108. doi: 10.1097/IGC.0000000000000838. [SCI]
Boyraz G, Selcuk I, Yazıcıoğlu A, Tuncer ZS., “Ovarian carcinoma associated with endometriosis.” Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2013 Sep;170(1):211-3. doi: 10.1016/j.ejogrb.2013.06.001. Epub 2013 Jul 9. [SCI]
Boyraz G, Salman MC, Gultekin M, Ozkan NT, Uckan HH, Gungorduk K, Gulseren V, Ayik H, Toptas T, Kuru O, Sozen H, Erturk A, Ozgul N, Meydanlı MM, Sanci M, Turan T, Gungor T, Simsek T, Topuz S, Yuce K. What is the impact of stromal microinvasion on oncologic outcomes in borderline ovarian tumors? A multicenter case-control study. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2017 Nov;296(5):979-987. doi: 10.1007/s00404-017-4496-4. Epub 2017 Sep 2. [SCI- Expanded]
Boyraz G, Basaran D, Salman MC, Ibrahimov A, Onder S, Akman O, Ozgul N, Yuce K. Histological Follow-Up in Patients with Atypical Glandular Cells on Pap Smears. J Cytol. 2017 Oct-Dec;34(4):203-207. doi: 10.4103/JOC.JOC_209_16.
Boyraz G, Basaran D, Salman MC, Ozgul N, Yuce K. Vaginal Reconstruction for Vaginal Obliteration Secondary to Stevens Johnson Syndrome: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Oman Med J. 2017 Sep;32(5):436-439. doi: 10.5001/omj.2017.82.
Boyraz G, Başaran D, Salman MC, Özgül N, Yüce K. Impact of adjuvant treatment on oncologic outcomes in patients with stage I leiomyosarcoma of the uterus. Turk J Med Sci. 2017 Jun 12;47(3):841-846. doi: 10.3906/sag-1603-135.
Boyraz G, Başaran D, Salman MC, Özgül N, Yüce K. Stage IIIC transitional cell carcinoma and serous carcinoma of the ovary have similar outcomes when treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2017 Mar 15;18(1):33-37. doi: 10.4274/jtgga.2016.0190.
Boyraz G, Başaran D, Salman MC, Özgül N, Yüce K. Does Preoperative Diagnosis of Endometrial Hyperplasia Necessitate Intraoperative Frozen Section Consultation? Balkan Med J. 2016 Nov;33(6):657-661. Epub 2016 Nov 1.
Boyraz G, Selcuk I, Sokmensuer LK, Bozdag G, Menkveld R, Gunalp S. Evaluation of the relation between preapoptotic sperm rate in ejaculate and intrauterine insemination success rate in patients with unexplained infertility. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2016 Nov;36(8):980-983. Epub 2016 Sep 10.
Boyraz G, Basaran D, Salman MC, Ozgul N, Yuce K. Clinical and pathological characteristics related to parametrial involvement in clinical early-stage cervical cancer. Ginekol Pol. 2016;87(6):417-21. doi: 10.5603/GP.2016.0018.
Basaran D, Usubutun A, Salman MC, Narin MA, Boyraz G, Turkmen O, Comert Kimyon G, Karalok A, Bulbul D, Turan T, Ozgul N, Yuce K. The Clinicopathological Study of 21 Cases With Uterine Smooth Muscle Tumors of Uncertain Malignant Potential: Centralized Review Can Purify the Diagnosis. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2018 Feb;28(2):233-240. doi: 10.1097/IGC.0000000000001178.
Ozgul N, Boyraz G, Salman MC, Gultekin M, Yuce K, Ibrahimov A, Erturk A, Gungorduk K, Gulseren V, Sanci M, Turkmen O, Karalok A, Kimyon G, Turan T, Ozkan NT, Meydanli MM, Gungor T, Ayik H, Simsek T. Oncological Outcomes of Stage II Endometrial Cancer: A Retrospective Analysis of 250 Cases. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2018 Jan;28(1):161-167. doi: 10.1097/IGC.0000000000001133.
Kuru O, Boyraz G, Uckan H, Erturk A, Gultekin M, Ozgul N, Salman C, Yuce K. Retroperitoneal nodal metastasis in primary adult type granulosa cell tumor of the ovary: Can routine lymphadenectomy be omitted? Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2017 Dec;219:70-73. doi: 10.1016/j.ejogrb.2017.10.010. Epub 2017 Oct 9.
Topfedaisi Ozkan N, Meydanlı MM, Sarı ME, Demirkiran F, Kahramanoglu I, Bese T, Arvas M, Şahin H, Haberal A, Celik H, Coban G, Oge T, Yalcin OT, Akbayır Ö, Erdem B, Numanoğlu C, Özgül N, Boyraz G, Salman MC, Yüce K, Dede M, Yenen MC, Taşkın S, Altın D, Ortaç UF, Aydın Ayık H, Şimşek T, Güngör T, Güngördük K, Sancı M, Ayhan A. Factors associated with survival after relapse in patients with low-risk endometrial cancer treated with surgery alone. J Gynecol Oncol. 2017 Sep;28(5):e65. doi: 10.3802/jgo.2017.28.e65. Epub 2017 Jun 16.
Sarı ME, Meydanlı MM, Türkmen O, Cömert GK, Turan AT, Karalök A, Şahin H, Haberal A, Kocaman E, Akbayır Ö, Erdem B, Numanoğlu C, Güngördük K, Sancı M, Gökçü M, Özgül N, Salman MC, Boyraz G, Yüce K, Güngör T, Taşkın S, Altın D, Ortaç UF, Ayık HA, Şimşek T, Arvas M, Ayhan A. Prognostic factors and treatment outcomes in surgically-staged non-invasive uterine clear cell carcinoma: a Turkish Gynecologic Oncology Group study. J Gynecol Oncol. 2017 Jul;28(4):e49. doi: 10.3802/jgo.2017.28.e49.
Ozgul N, Basaran D, Boyraz G, Salman C, Yuce K. Radical Hysterectomy and Total Abdominal Vaginectomy for Primary Vaginal Cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2016 Mar;26(3):580-1. doi: 10.1097/IGC.0000000000000636.
Tatar B, Boyraz G, Selçuk İ, Doğan AK, Usubütün A, Tuncer ZS. In vitro chemosensitivity in ovarian carcinoma: Comparison of three leading assays. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2016 Jan 12;17(1):35-40. doi: 10.5152/jtgga.2016.16017. eCollection 2016.
Ozgul N, Basaran D, Boyraz G, Salman MC. Repair of diaphragmatic injury and placement of tube thoracostomy during right upper quadrant peritonectomy. J Gynecol Oncol. 2016 Jan;27(1):e6. doi: 10.3802/jgo.2016.27.e6. Epub 2015 Dec 1.
Basaran D, Salman MC, Boyraz G, Akata D, Ozmen M, Usubutun A, Ozgul N, Yuce K. Intraoperative Ex Vivo High-Resolution Sonography: A Novel Technique for the Assessment of Myometrial Invasion in Endometrial Cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2015 Nov;25(9):1639-44. doi: 10.1097/IGC.0000000000000531.
Usubutun A, Selcuk I, Boyraz G, Tuncer ZS. An incidentally diagnosed epithelioid trophoblastic tumor in hysterectomy. Pathologica. 2015 Sep-Dec;107(3-4):201-4.
Ozgul N, Basaran D, Boyraz G, Salman MC. “ Hemostatic control of inferior vena cava with tape traction maneuver in the presence of bulky metastatic paraaortic lymph nodes.” Gynecol Oncol. 2015 May 22. pii: S0090-8258(15)00920-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ygyno.2015.05.012.
Turgal M, Ozyuncu O, Boyraz G, Yazicioglu A, Sinan Beksac M. Non-immune hydrops fetalis as a diagnostic and survival problems: what do we tell the parents? J Perinat Med. 2015 May;43(3):353-8. doi: 10.1515/jpm-2014-0094.
Basaran D, Salman MC, Boyraz G, Selcuk I, Usubutun A, Ozgul N, Yuce K. Accuracy of intraoperative frozen section in the evaluation of patients with adnexal mass: retrospective analysis of 748 cases with multivariate regression analysis. Pathol Oncol Res. 2015 Jan;21(1):113-8. doi: 10.1007/s12253-014-9795-5. Epub 2014 May 22.
- European Society of Gynecologic Oncology (ESGO)
- Turkish Society of Gynecologic Oncology
- Turkish Association of Gynecology and Obstetrics (TJOD)